Thursday, January 20, 2011

Silent Melodies


"Silent Melodies" by Mizzonk
When I am moved by the brilliance of how a piece of art is made,  I could stare at it for hours - lucky for me I have the rest of my life to do just that.
While perusing the many talented artisans at the One of Kind Vancouver show, I came across an amazing couple who make the most beautiful works of art by meticulously cutting out eye catching paper masterpieces.  With several creative series to choose from, each one is unlike the others.
In speaking to the one of the co-creators of the work, I was almost speechless  in my admiration at the skill and patience it must have taken to create each piece.  Silent Melodies as my new treasure is called is based on the essence of music and reminds me of both piano keys and even the metal plates that used to glide over the metal stubs on the music boxes we had as children.
The simplicity combined with the complexity of the design, is for me the most powerful part of this amazing Christmas gift.

Check out this amazing couple and all of the art, furniture and gifts they produce under the company name Mizzonk.. and they are based in Maple Ridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment