Monday, September 6, 2010

Kooza


The lights go out and a creative and magical world is revealed, an experience only found in a tent. Where else would you be with 2500 other people but at Kooza, Cirque de Soleil’s new show? Having seen their other Vancouver show visits I was once again spellbound by the mystery and intrigue of what this masterful group of musicians, entertainers and athletes can do.
Playful and theatrical, this artistic reinterpretation of the circus invites the audience to take in the sights, sounds and movement on stage and throughout the Big Top. As my senses were heightening I realized how important they were to my enjoyment of the whole experience.   
While watching Kooza, a story based about a character named Innocent - a loner trying to find his place in the world, I found myself also feeling quite alone with my thoughts and feelings while taking in the show. My eyes kept being drawn to the beautiful set designs and exquisite costumes, let alone the sleek and chiseled bodies of the performers. What was moving still was the often-melancholy music that flowed in intervals between intense rock music and quiet vignettes with funny clowns. 
This sensual rollercoaster of the senses is the beauty of what Cirque de Soleil continues to add to the world of visual mastery and entertainment; something that all should experience at least once in a lifetime.
 

1 comment:

  1. hi!!! new follower here! i LOVE art AND cirque du soleil. this new one sounds fantastic and the graphic is amazing!

    ReplyDelete